Sunday, July 15, 2012

You Make My Heart Sing!


Hello!  Just popping in with a simple card I made for a recent CAS challenge in Splitcoast Stampers.  The CAS177 challenge was to use the color combination of Navy, Olive and white. When I began this card, I thought it would be easy to do a direct to paper background and use one of the new music dies I just purchased (and could hardly wait to use). I struggled to find a sentiment in my stash to go along with the theme so I (reluctantly) used a pen to print one. The vellum panel was a suggestion from my husband who walked by while I was putting elements together and noted that the background I created was a bit “too water color like”.  :-) I placed the panel there to humor him but liked the result in the end.  Well, that’s all for now!  Thanks for visiting my blog.

Stay inspired,

Sabrina





Card details:
Paper:  Heavy white card stock base, black card stock panel, water color panel, Vellum panel
Ink:  Ranger Distressed Inks Faded Jeans, Spanish Olive Versamagic Chalk
Other:  Memory Box “Virtuoso Music” die, Sizzix Triple Chocolate Truffle Hearts Sizzlit, Swarovski flat back crystal gems


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!