Monday, July 9, 2012

Love, Always & Forever: CFC60


It’s that time again--time to play the CAS-ual Fridays CAS challenge! This week's challenge (CFC60: Text Me) is to use text in a Clean and Simple card design. I knew the technique I wanted to use right away after reading the challenge description.  Since I love die-cutting (more than stamping it seems), I wanted to use die cut words in my design. I rarely use die cut words as sentiments on my card designs--it just rarely turns out the way I want. "Love" was the word that I had multiple dies for and I just didn’t have the time patience to use various fonts to cut each letter and spell out "love" over and over. I die cut the word “Love” multiple times and adhered them to paper. I then die-cut a heart from that layered "text" paper making sure that the full word was centered. Originally, the wording was all white on white but then I changed it to highlight one word once I selected gold for the stamped and embossed sentiment.

I am planning to give this card to my dear hubby for our anniversary. Next month (August), we celebrate 22 fun and blessed years of marriage! I cannot believe so much time has passed--I am truly counting my blessings for such a special mate.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Stay inspired,

Sabrina



A closer view of the die-cut heart:



Card Details:
Paper:  white card stock, pearl, gold metallic
Tools:  “love” dies from BossKut, Sizzix and QuicKutz, Memory Box Cupid Heart die
Sentiment: Ditto from Studio G
Other:  Stampendous gold embossing powder, Versamark ink


4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card! I just love the elegance of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card...love the eb text...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - all those die-cut loves look like they're embossed into that cardstock. Great effect! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love the wonderful "text"-ture you achieved! (sorry, I just couldn't resist the pun *wink*) Really beautiful! Thanks for joining the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!