Thursday, July 5, 2012

Winter Wonderland (in July)--CFC59


Hello!  I have a second entry in this week’s CAS-ual Friday Challenge: CFC59: round and round.  It’s been so very hot here lately--the triple digit temperatures and high dew points make it difficult to breathe outside!  So, I’ve been staying inside, trying to "think cool thoughts" to help cope with the July heat. Christmas came to mind! This may be the earliest I have ever started my Christmas card designs. :-)  I went with a snowflake theme and found one more way to incorporate those glass micro beads that I mentioned in my recent “Pretty In Pink” post.

Thanks for visiting!

Stay inspired,

Sabrina



I had a difficult time photographing this card to capture the beauty of the microbeads. I wish you could see it "in real life" to see the subtle sparkle.  Below is a close up of the focal image--a snowflake surrounded by a circular sentiment (Winter Wonderland).  



         Card details:
  • Paper:  Heavy card stock base, SU! Bashful Blue, Silver paper
  • Tools:  Martha Stewart Border Punch, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles (lg), Marvy Uchida circle punch
  • Stamp: Unity Stamp Co. Winter Wonderland circle stamp
  • Other:  Martha Stewart Holidays Clear Microbeads, Stampendous silver embossing powder, SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter

2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous entry this week! Love that glitter. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the color combo and the glitter! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!