Friday, August 10, 2012

Clear, Cool Night


Happy Friday!

It seems like it’s been a long while since I’ve checked in. I skipped out on entering challenges last week and took some time off to celebrate my anniversary but I’m slowly getting back on track. Today’s post features a card I made for Monday’s Splitcoast Clean and Simple color challenge (CAS182) using the colors dark blue and white. The extremely hot temperatures lately have me thinking of the cooler days ahead as we approach fall. I began this design with the desire to use different techniques from my normal tendency of using die cut images for a focal point. I used sponge-shading for the background and used a mask to create the moon. The sentiment is Ecclesiastes 3:11--the stamped impression didn’t come out clear (a combination of user error and the fact that the text is too small for heat embossing). Both of the stamps featured on this card are old ones that have been in my stash (more like collection) for who knows how long. Still sticking with my personal challenge to utilize materials that I have on hand and have overlooked during my busy days. I’m just thankful that I have the time to play in my studio these days. :-)  That’s all for now--thanks so much for looking.

Stay inspired,

Sabrina





card details:
Paper:  white, black, SU! Not Quite Navy card stock
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Pacific Point, Midnight Muse
Stamps: Inkadinkado (trees), sentiment from Unity Stamp Co or CHF? (it is no longer in its packaging but it’s an old release)
Other:  circle punch (for masking), ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!