Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fall Thank You


Hello!

Welcome and thanks for stopping by. Today’s featured design is a fall themed thank you card that fits into a Splitcoast Stampers challenge.  I followed a technique called water stamping outlined in Splitcoast Stampers to make the background paper. I also followed a sketch issued for a contest by Hero Arts for the design (although I did not enter the contest). I’m in a fall sort of mood these days--I am looking forward to seeing the many colors as the leaves change and the temperature cools. Now that football  pre-season is underway, fall will be here before we know it. :-)  I made the leaf focal point by die cutting metal and coloring the metal with alcohol inks. I used a Fiskar's clear backgrounder stamp (from a set called Henna Petals) on paper that had been sponged with various SU! orange toned inks to create the water stamped background. That’s all for now.

Stay inspired,

Sabrina



1 comment:

  1. Oh Sabrina this is just in time! I too did a water stamped background paper yesterday but couldn't think of something to add that wouldn't cover the beauty of the paper. How lucky am I that you gave me this gift of inspiration today!

    Also today I was 20 minutes on Hold awaiting an insurance company to correct our account and I got to use that 20 minutes touring your fabulous web site Gallery while I waited. Lucky me! There's something so compelling about your work, I never tire of looking at the same cards over and over gain.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!